Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A New Task

Sitting in my chair, I am nervously getting my phone in video mode.  I know what I want to say.  I have notes.  I have practiced.  I have thought about it since early this morning.

The living room is my best choice for places to record right now.  The lighting is good, and it is almost silent here.  Except.  Except for the NOM! NOM! NOM! noises that Meat begins to make right in the middle of the recording.  These noises are screaming in my ear.  I just know they will overpower the video.  Meat, of course, decides at that moment to get up and get a little love by laying his head in my lap.  I have truly lost my focus now and begin laughing.  What else can I do, right?  Then, he gives me a big ole kiss!  He is only ten months old but currently weighs a whopping 150 pounds.  He is a slobber machine!

Videos are just not for me.  I love to record other people and to watch videos.  I just don't like being recorded myself.  I finished.  I viewed it.  I think I covered all that I wanted to say.  I hope I reminded my students how much I will miss them.  They are the highlight of my days.  I wish each one well!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, it sounds like Meat broke the ice! I'm with you about videos, and I've been wondering if I'll get over my aversion in the spirit of remote teaching. I'm glad to read about your success despite the nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that's SUCH a cute picture you painted! I bet your students loved seeing your dog. My dog did same thing. At one point, he was (all 70lb Golden Retriever of him) in my lap between me and the screen. -sigh- We survived! Wishing you the best in these tough days!

    ReplyDelete